10:00 am – We will be offering our Sunday service via Zoom meeting which is an internet-based video-conferencing system.
11:05 am – After the Sunday service, we will also offer a time for our children to meet online with their teachers in a separate Zoom meeting.
For those who don’t have kids, we invite you to stay on the Sunday service meeting after the service for a time of fellowship.
Joining the Online Service
If you are new to Zoom, please watch this 1-minute video tutorial about how to join a zoom meeting.
To participate fully, you will need
- EITHER a computer with speakers and a high-speed internet connection
- About 10-15 minutes before the service starts, go to https://zoom.us/j/340768991 in your computer’s browser
- It may take a minute for the software to load if this is your first time using zoom. Once it has loaded, click the icon to Join Audio.
- OR a smart phone with the zoom app (download for free from your app store)
- join the meeting on your phone using meeting id 340 768 991.
You can also call in on your regular phone to participate with audio only at 301-715-8592. You will be prompted to enter the meeting id which is: 340 768 991.
Joining the Youth Ed Classes
After the Sunday service is over, we invite our families with children to leave the service Zoom meeting and connect to the Youth Ed Zoom Meetings.
UniKids w/ Miss Krysta – meeting id: 337-679-368 https://zoom.us/j/337679368/
UniFriends w/ Miss Danielle – meeting id: 898-287-014 https://zoom.us/j/898287014/
Again, the Youth Ed meeting will only open after the Sunday service is complete.
Tips for a Better Online Experience
You can help make the online experience with Zoom better for everyone by following these guidelines to enhance internet performance.
- You can practice ahead of time by joining our Sunday Service and/or Youth Ed meeting at any time between now and Sunday morning. Try it out and make sure everything on your end is working properly.
- Consider all the devices in your home that are connected to the internet. These include cell phones, iPads, Tablets, computers, TV cable boxes, and many more. Each of these devices uses a share of your internet “bandwidth”.
- Please turn off or set in airplane mode all devices you are not using for the Zoom meeting during the time of the Sunday service.
- On the device you are using, each application you open may be connecting to the internet. These may include email, calendars, cloud backups, any browser activity other than Zoom. Please shut down or pause any of these apps.
- Please note that on your phone, apps stay open and connected even when you switch to another app unless you explicitly close them. On a smart-phone, for example, you can close apps explicitly by double-clicking on the round button at the bottom of your phone and swiping up on each app that is displayed to close it.
- In order to give us a chance to interact, all microphones, cameras and telephones will be open as you log in.
- However, once the service starts, I will mute all microphones and turn off all cameras except for the person talking.
- Please do not turn your camera, microphone or telephone back on during the service unless you are presenting.
- After the service, we will turn the microphones, cameras and telephones back on to allow for some interaction time before we start the Youth Ed class.
- ‘Chat’ feature. You can also interact with other attendees using the ‘Chat’ button. Please refrain from chatting during prayer and meditation time, or any time you would not be talking with each other during an in-person service.
- Speaker View / Gallery View – you can toggle back and forth between seeing just the main speaker, or seeing everyone’s video. For our social time, you will want to be in Gallery View and for our service time, you will want to switch to Speaker View.
As I’m sure you are aware, our bills do not stop just because we are not meeting in person.
If you have not already done so, you may want to consider setting up your Love Offering to happen automatically through your online bill pay system at your bank. Or, you can set up a recurring donation with your credit card via our secure processing center at https://unityofcolumbia.org/donate/. We will also offer the option of donating via your credit card during the service via the chat stream.