Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance.
- Beholds all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empowers children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teaches children to meditate and pray
- Invites children to experience a loving God
Unity provides a strong spiritual foundation for children’s lives.
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
To best serve the developmental needs of our children and teenagers, Youth Ministry offers the following classes. Age ranges and meeting space for each class:
- Nursery — newborn – 2 years — Red Room
- Preschool — ages 3-5 — Purple Room
- Elementary — 1st – 5th grades — Green Room
- Uniteens — (6th – 8th grades) — Middle School Blue Room
- Y.O.U. – Youth of Unity — (9th – 12 grades) — High School Orange Room
Check out our Y.O.U. Facebook page
On Sunday Mornings
Our preschool and elementary classes welcome students in their rooms, then come together for an assembly time.
During our assembly, we say our love offering blessing, pass an offering basket, sing songs, introduce the theme or topic, and practice yoga.
Children then return to their classrooms for engaging hands-on lessons to help them learn to put our five spiritual principles into practice. We often use children’s books, Bible stories, games and crafts to help make the lessons more kid-friendly.
Our curriculum either comes from the Unity Worldwide Ministries or is developed especially for our classes by the Youth Ministry Director.
The Uniteen and Y.O.U. (Youth of Unity) classes meet in their sacred teenage space to explore teen topics related to spirituality.
Parents and families are always welcome to join us for a Youth Ministry class.
At the end of the hour, our classes join the adult congregation for the singing of The Peace Song.
Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?
We enfold all children in the love of God.
We place all children in the light of God.
We call forth from within them the power of God.
We see the presence of God in each child.
We affirm that all children are under Divine protection of the Holy Spirit
and that all is in Divine Order.