Weddings, Christenings, Memorial Services and more… all are among the ways we can support you in your desire to recognize and celebrate the spiritual dimensions of the passages in your life and the lives of your loved ones. For more information, please contact us.
Unity of Columbia can provide a simple, intimate setting for your special ceremony.
You do not need to be a member of Unity.
Your wedding can be performed by our senior minister, one of our officiants, or the minister/officiant of your choice.
- You may seat up to 200 guests in our beautiful, contemporary-style sanctuary.
- Our Prayer Chapel seats up to 14 people for small ceremonies.
- Up to 100 diners may be seated in our reception hall that also has a kitchen for catered meals.
- Our naturally sunlit Solar Gallery will seat up to 75 diners, or you may choose to host more guests in this intimate space with a finger food reception and less formal seating.
Please note – Unity is alcohol- and smoke-free.
Music, Decorations and Child Care
- You may enhance your music and entertainment with our professional sound system.
- You may hire the services of our musicians or provide your own.
- Our nursery is also available for childcare by request.
- Please feel free to decorate the center as you wish with your own candles, candelabra, or other decorations.
- You are welcome to use the decorations currently in place at our center.
Our fees are very reasonable. Audio-visual, custodial services, rehearsal time and a CD recording of the ceremony are all included.
- Sanctuary – $450
- Prayer Chapel – $75
- Senior Minister – $350
- Pianist $150
- Singer $50
- Reception Hall & Kitchen – $250
- Solar Gallery & Kitchen – $150
Contact us for help with your plans.
Also referred to as Christening or Baptism, an Infant Blessing is an ancient ritual that celebrates and welcomes new life into our world and community. In Unity, we look to the example of Jesus as our guide. In Mark 10:13-16 we read that Jesus took children in his arms and blessed them.
In this ceremony, we behold the Divine spirit in this little soul, and recognize this soul by name in its human journey. It is a time for parents to dedicate themselves to raising their child in an awareness of God’s loving presence. You may choose as many people as you wish to be Godparents, or have no Godparents. There is no legal obligation or responsibility made through an Infant Blessing.
At the time of the passing of a loved one, many people want a service and don’t know where to turn. We are here to support people in times of grief and loss. We can provide services in our Sanctuary or at the location of your choice. Our services are positive, uplifting celebrations of the life lived. We honor each person’s spiritual traditions.
For individuals becoming voting members of our spiritual community, we provide a spiritual baptism service. This is a ceremony of commitment to one’s spiritual path and to this spiritual family.
A private home blessing ceremony acknowledges and honors your home as sacred space, a sanctuary of love, peace and joy. Many people request a home blessing as they settle into a new home or apartment, but a home blessing ceremony is appropriate at any time, whether you have just moved in or have lived in your home for many years.
To learn more about any of these ceremonies honoring the sacred passages of life, please contact us.